Announcing the "Stitch & Share" Mask Match Project! 2-1-1 Ashtabula County in partnership with the Ashtabula County Health Department to be a collection and distribution hub for homemade cloth masks.
Mask donations can be dropped off at Community Action at 6920 Austinburg Road, M-F, 8:30 am- 4 pm; or just dial 2-1-1 or email to arrange pick-up.
COVID-19 Health Orders To End
Gov. Mike DeWine has announced that the state of Ohio will remove its COVID-19 health orders effective on June 2, with the exception of those in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
DeWine has also announced that Ohio will conform to the CDC’s new guidelines for mask wearing. The CDC announced last week that fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks or social distance, with some exceptions. People who are immunocompromised should speak to their doctors before discontinuing mask wearing and masks are still required on public transportation, trains, planes, and other forms of shared travel.
DeWine announced that the current orders will be amended to match CDC’s new guidelines, and the amended guidelines will remain in place until June 2nd.
DeWine has also announces that Ohioans at least 18 years and older who have received at least one vaccine will be entered to win 1 million dollars. There will be five drawings, with the first drawing on the 26th of May.
If you are having trouble signing up for the Covid-19 vaccine, call 2-1-1 for local vaccine information.
There is now a state website where you can find your local vaccine providers and even register with some of them,
Locations you can register for the vaccine are as follows:
· Ashtabula County Health Dept.— Open and closed clinics only.
· Ashtabula City Health Dept.— Their hotline will continue M-Fri from 10AM-2PM for vaccine questions at 440-992-7188, but registrations will need to be through the state website,
· Conneaut City Health Dept.— register online at or call the health department at 440-593-3087.
· ACMC— register online at
· Signature Health— Register by calling 440-578-8203 or by visiting their website at
· Giant Eagle— Ashtabula 440-992-6165 Geneva 440-466-3005 or vaccine
· Discount Drugmart— Ashtabula 440-998-0663 Jefferson 440-576-3111.
· Walgreens -
· Rite-Aid -
· Geneva CVS—
· Walmart—call 440-998-4004 or go to to schedule online.